By John Janovy Jr., Gerald W. Esch
Reviews key parts in ecological, scientific and molecular parasitology
- Features essays from many of the world's leading parasitologists
- Each subject is determined in context through that includes a key paper from the magazine of Paraistology over the last a hundred years
Read Online or Download A century of parasitology: discoveries, ideas, and lessons learned by scientists who published in the Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 PDF
Best zoology books
- Iguanas of the World: Their Behavior, Ecology and Conservation
- The Inadequate Environment: Nitrogen and the Abundance of Animals
- Exploring Animal Behavior in Laboratory and Field: An Hypothesis-testing Approach to the Development, Causation, Function, and Evolution of Animal Behavior
- Adaptive Behaviour and Learning
Extra resources for A century of parasitology: discoveries, ideas, and lessons learned by scientists who published in the Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014
Experimental studies of bird malaria. The Quarterly Review of Biology 4: 59–82. ________. 1932. Observations and experiments on the opalinid ciliates of the green frog. Journal of Parasitology 18: 274–277. ________. 1933a. Starch diets and infections with Endamoeba histolytica in chicks. Journal of Parasitology 20: 57–58. ________. 1933b. The effects of a high vegetable protein diet on the trichomonad ﬂagellates of rats. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 13: 535–538. ________. 1935.
Bob. Transactions of the Nebraska Academy of Sciences 13: 1–3. , and J. Janovy, Jr 1990. Actinocephalus carrilynnae n. sp. (Apicomplexa: Eugregarinorida) from the blue damselﬂy, Enallagma civile (Hagen). Journal of Protozoology 37: 567–570. Ruhnke, T. R. and J. Janovy, Jr 1989. The site speciﬁcity of two species of Gregarina in Tenebrio molitor larvae. Journal of Protozoology 36: 428–430. ________, and ________. 1990. Life history differences between two species of Gregarina in Tenebrio molitor larvae.
E. Watson; Minnie Elizabeth Watson married Oliver Kamm and continued to publish taxonomic work, although under her married name. We believe it is 18 A Century of Parasitology important that readers know this information because of the example set by this one person (see the section on Diversity, previously). Literature cited Budington, R. A. 1941. Maynard Mayo Metcalf. Bios 12: 75–78. , J. Janovy, Jr, E. Tracey, A. Barnes, A. Duba, M. Shuman, and J. D. Logan. 2013. Macroparasite population dynamics among geographical locations and host life cycle stages: Eugregarines in Ischnura verticalis.